Tuesday 10 December 2013

The Thin White Dude's Movie Of The Month: November 2013 - Gravity



Walking down the stairs of The Movie House, Dublin Road, I was acutely aware of my senses, and continuing on down towards the number 20 bus at City Hall, I heard sounds, I saw sights, the wind was blowing in my face and I felt life. This was when I became truly aware of the film's true power, and it's times like this I am truly grateful for all the opportunities I have to participate as an audience member in the true magic of cinema. Put simply, Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity is incredible, majestic cinema of the highest order.

The Thin White Dude's Prognosis - 9.9/10


Runner-Up: Diaz: Don't Clean Up This Blood - Really took me by surprise, tells a masterfully structured story that has something to say about society and human nature.

Honorable Mention: Captain Phillips - Greengrass is as ever an interesting film-maker who crafts a strong and intense thriller.

Second-Most Deadly Disease: Bullet To The Head - A decent watch that's admirable in some respects, but in others uninventive and murder by numbers.

Avoid Like The Plague: The Counselor - Pseudo-intellectual babble that's as dull as ditchwater.

No comments: